Tuesday, February 1, 2011

BLIZZARD!

 8 inches of snow and freezing rain!

Being from Chicago I have grown accustom to the routine of under armor under my jeans, 3 shirts, 2 pairs of socks, and the bitter cold winter winds. However, I have never been a commuter student during a weather advisory...until now.

Weather, it is a natural blessing and disaster, depending on the season. This past week I have experienced the down fall of winter. We lost power for 4 DAYS! I felt like a refuge. It couldn't be avoided and I was only one of over 300,000 people to lose power. I didn't shower for 3 days. I slept on a family friends couch, and I was stuck on a bus for 3 hours. While it may sound as if I am complaining... I'm not. There were reports on the news of people who had been stuck on the road for 9 hours!! 9 HOURS!!

Although there is the disaster of losing power, being stuck on the bus, and feeling like I was temporarily homeless, we made the best of it. (and I am pretty sure a lot of school children enjoyed their 3 days off of school.) Turns out I am just as awesome at Monopoly now as I was when I was 10 and it was a reason for my host parents and I to venture out to the museums and different venues. Not to mention the awesome snowmen that a lot of people made... some of them were VERY creative. 


WASHINGTON SNOW STORM PICTURES:

AU snow man!


winter wonderland anyone?
 The bad news... there is more snow to come! But, I hear the springs are very nice here, so I'm looking forward to that :)

No comments:

Post a Comment