Wednesday, March 16, 2011

From the Midwest back to the East Coast

My Springbreak wasn't as typical as most college students. Instead of flying to the warm weather and beaches, I flew back to the Midwest, where I worked for my mother and hung out with the family. No complaints though, I missed them so much!

My springbreak adventure didn't start until I started my trip back to DC. My first flight was delayed, and I missed my connecting flight and best of all, my luggage has currently been 'misplaced.'

Although my trip back didn't go as planned, it has been getting better ever since (knock on wood).

Our class took a trip to the Bloomberg news organization which was really informational. I realize that while Chicago is beautiful and amazing all on its own, DC has more to offer on for a future journalism career.

I have started looking into graduate schools in DC. I was surprised to find out that American offers a  program for journalism grad students. It starts in the summer and continues for 11-months. It is something I will be looking into. AND it's not terribly expensive. (YAY!) It is pretty competitive and only allows 200 students in each year.

I'm pretty excited. Only one more year until I apply!

No comments:

Post a Comment